Comments

Comments:
Alex Tappen
Jacob Cohen
Matt Graeff

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blog Post 3: Introduction to Analytics

To begin research on how to put my formula together, I took up a general knowledge of analytics. Analytics can be defined as "the discovery and communication of meaningful data," which could not summarize my approach to this project any better (IBM). Specifically, I feel this definition summarizes my goals best because I want to discover what data is meaningful in soccer and communicate my results, which will be a product of meaningful data, as well as, meaningful data itself.

Below is a video, created by IBM, the international leader in providing data analytics, that generally explains how analytics work. IBM mainly applies their analytics to business, however they briefly mention a few other potential applications. Prepare to learn



As you can see, there are many potential applicable areas for analytics, other than just business. As a personal passion of mine is soccer, that is the area I chose to apply analytics.

Get ready, the formula is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment